NK447 Assessment of Certification
- State the clinical certification and target population that were approved by your instructor in the Week 2: Direct Care Part 1 Assessment and Diagnosis Check-In.
- Clinical certification
- Target population including setting
- Discuss why this clinical certification was selected in relationship to the selected setting.
- Describe the criteria for selected clinical certification
- Process to obtain clinical certification
- Cost of application and testing
- Requirements prior to certification
- Examination description
- Renewal time and process
- Required items for renewal
- Provide APA reference for one peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal article connecting patient outcomes, clinical certification, and leadership skills. See reference criteria under directions and include Permalink.
- Summary of article (one to two paragraphs)
- How could patient outcomes in the selected setting be improved by certified nurses?
- How can clinical certification impact leadership skills in the selected setting?
Problem Diagnosis Statement
Write a diagnosis based on the problem of knowledge deficit of NK447 Assessment of Certification. Fill in the blanks below.
Example: Knowledge deficit r/t CNOR certification among operating room nurses (target population and setting) as manifested by wrong site surgeries (patient outcomes)
Knowledge deficit r/t __________________certification among __________(target population and setting) as manifested by ___________________(patient outcomes).